Monday, April 9, 2007

Sick Sick Sick!!!!Yuk Yuk Yuk!!!!

I have gotten behind in my blogging due to illness..what else? Last week it was tubes in my ears..I never got them as a child and have always felt so left out, so I decided to go for it. (Kind of like the older women that get braces) I felt this would help my ears look better and I would be able to hear well into my nineties, but I have been totally wronged...Nothing good happened to the looks of my ears and now I can't hear at all! I should have gone for a face lift or boob lift or something..I don't know why I chose ears!!! The next fun thing was the flu..when I get sick it doesn't just go away after 24 hours...so after a couple of days of throwing up all my medicine, off Jim and I went to our favorite holiday retreat...The emergency room!!! It was a beautiful Saturday morning...I remembered that just a year ago on Easter we were there with our friends at Alta View celebrating, so we just had to go again. Jim informed our doctor (Dr. Patrick Sweeney) we know them all by first name basis, that we had one hour, because he (Jim) wanted to go play golf. Patrick (Dr.Sweeney) was very obliging,every few minutes he'd check his clock to see how much time he had left. I got two of those bags of fluid, which in the past have taken a couple of hours, and yet somehow, magically they went through in about 15 minutes..throw in some anti nausea, morphine and we were one our way..Jim got 18 holes in and got to watch the last part of the masters Saturday...so I would say that if I have gotten anything down...it's the hospital thing...it doesn't hurt to write them nice letters...they actually know my name now, and because the disease is so rare, they are all very interested in the case.. so those are my tips on hospital visits...letters and rare diseases, knowing all the nurses and doctors names, stating your mission...(the fact that you only have one hour to get better and get out of there) and then smile and wave as you leave. The admitting lady is named Linda and you can only see her face through a hole, but Jim stuck his head in the hole to tell Linda See ya!!! She brings us the best cookies in the whole world!! Anyway...I hope I will have more time to blog you all and read up...there is one thing that might help us...not quite as amusing as my fun,and something that I would rather you all didn't repeat...that's why I am blogging it to the world...but Nick is having some problems and having to take a month off of work to get some medicine working...It is very hard to watch, and I would appreciate all of you wonderful sisters, neices, friends and loved ones to say a little prayer that we can figure this out and get him up and going like he wants to be. thanks, I love you all...

No comments: