Thursday, June 26, 2008

Straight from the Harleysville Hornets!




Jacoby Ellsbury isn't the only Baseball player in the family. Here's an update from the others on the eastcoast baseball circuit......Jack is keeping me informed on his baseball games now that he is on the travelling baseball team. He called last night and said he'd been in a "slump" for the past few games, and seemed to be coming out of it. (good news). His email this morning states: "Last night for my game that we lost 18-14, I was not mad because I had a double in the bottom of the first with two strikes no balls, a strikeout to end the inning from being put in to pitch, I hit the ball and flied out to first, and in the last inning I started a six run rally by being the first one to score on a steal to third and home on another double. My favorite positions are, left field first base, and last but not least pitcher. I love playing baseball and I never never never never never give up and everyday get better better better ".
Jack DeSpain

When Jim and I were in Philadelphia Taylor, Jack and I enjoyed the story the 12th Angel, about a young baseball player who never gave up and got better everyday. Glad Jack and Taylor are remembering the story!




1 comment:

Travelin'Oma said...

These kids did not fall far from the baseball diamond!