Friday, October 19, 2012

"Train Yourself to Listen to that Small Voice..."

"Train yourself to listen to that small voice that tells us what's important and what's not."
 
Sue Grafton
 

Today that small voice came in the form of my grandson Jake.  We were outside playing, he laid down on the trampoline, in the sun and said, "I love the sun on my face, I love the fall leaves."  We continued to play and he later said, "grama, I love you, and Sam and Dylan.  Sometimes we fight, but we still love each other, don't we?"  I laughed and hugged him.  "of course, we always love each other, we just need to learn not to push when we get frustrated."  Jake said, "I know."  These three are learning how to get along, how to show love to each other, how to appreciate each day.  They make me realize how grateful I am to be apart of their lives.  It's their simplicity and joy that makes me realize how grateful I am for the blessings in my life.

"Small events and choices determine the direction of our lives, just as small helms determine the directions of great ships."
 
M. Russell Ballard
 
Each day as I watch them play and grow I learn as well.
 
 
  I learn to have more patience, more understanding, and more love.  I learn to appreciate the small things. 
 
Things like...
 Jim's smile when watching his grandkids..
 
 
 
getting a picture of Grandson #1, Taylor,  as he goes off to Homecoming...
 
 emails, from Jack, reports about sports from Hogan and Luke, and visits from Whitney and Wren. 
 
I am a blessed woman...
 
"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."
 
~Alma the Younger (Book of Mormon) Alma 37:6

No comments: