Saturday, June 15, 2013

A Day with Dylan and Grama June


Yesterday, June 14th was Flag Day. 
 As I drove through the neighborhood with my grandson Dylan
he said..  "See all the Flags" 
Then he started singing "Happy Birthday to You."  I joined in. 
Then he said to me "clap for Dylan Grama."   which I did! 
I told him it was nice that he sang Happy Birthday, because it was his great grama's birthday. 
 So we sang again..this time we sang to Grama June. 
 When we got home, I held this dear little boy in my lap. 
 I told him how much Grama June would have loved him. 
 How she would have loved his beautiful brown eyes. 
 I told him how much she loved his daddy. 
Then he ran off  to hit the golf ball. 
 How she would have cherished this little boy as she would all the "darlings" that she sent down after she left us. 
Happy Birthday Mom.
  I miss you every day, but for some reason I missed you more yesterday. 
 Thank you for your unconditional love and for being such a great mom.
but mostly for being my friend.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Sweet post - I miss her too!

bb iverson said...

Abby said it - sweet post. I miss her too!