Monday, August 12, 2013

Reflections on Summer


I love summer. 
Warm nights, blue skies, beautiful flowers
And most of all, the family gets together. 
 Nick comes home for a few weeks,  the  DeSpain Gang flies out from the East to spend time with us.
  I love when the cousins all get together to play and have fun.
  They've been swimming at the Latimer's, played in our back yard. 
We've been to a Bee's game, a Real game, Draper Days, to Pinedale and back, we've ridden horses, fed a pig. 
 We've been together.


I've seen my flowers grow, sung with my cousins once more,
seen a beautiful rainbow, watched the sunset. 
 Held my little Wren, watched Jim take walks with Dylan,
 see the big boys fish with their Dad. 
 Spent days with Jake, Sam and Dylan, hugging, playing and laughing. 


I've spent time with my family in my lovely home. 
I love summer.

No comments: