Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Sewing Project


My mother was a talented seamstress. 
 She sewed for herself and we three girls always had beautiful clothes created and sewed by our mother.
  She had a little sewing room right off our family room, so she could sit and sew,
 but still be a part of whatever was going on downstairs with the rest of us. 
I sewed a little bit when my kids where little,
 but haven't even had a sewing machine for years
Jim bought me a new sewing machine a few weeks ago,
so I thought it was time to start creating.


Last night my friend Marcie and her mom Kathy came over and helped me
cut out a dress and a skirt, using a dress I had and just measurements for the skirt. 
We started about 7:00 pm.  
 They left at about nine when the skirt was complete. 
 I stayed up til about eleven and finished the dress.


So this morning I have a new dress and the skirt goes to Abby. 
 I'm really excited to have completed this project so quickly.
  Nothing went wrong as I sewed these up. 
 I even put the sleeves in the dress with no problem! 
 Kathy showed me how to make the yoga band for the skirt.
  I really appreciate her help. 
Kathy is my age,
but it was a little bit like having my mom there helping me along my way. 

1 comment:

Brooke Iverson said...

Love this. I recently tried taking up knitting…wish my experience had gone so well. Needless to say, my knitting instructor has yet to pass off my "rows" and allowed me to move on in making an actual piece of clothing. Maybe some day :)