Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Decorations, Parties and Sam's Birthday


It's only December 4th, and already the month is moving along with activities.
  Got the house decorated over the weekend.
 Jim got the lights up just before the big snow hit,
 which spread the holiday spirit..inside and out.


Got the trees decorated.  Love getting out all the old decorations. 
They remind me of Christmas's past. 
 Love our Golf Club, my crystals I purchased from Harrods when I visited with Nick in London. 
 The old sleds mom had painted for each of the kids,
 ornaments purchased from places we have visited
and my very special Bonnie Blue Butler, given to me and signed by the real Bonnie Blue!
  What treasures!

Put my beautiful Nativity on the Mantle.
  I love the simplicity of this nativity and love that my family gave it to me. 


All ready had a party. 
We had Jim's family over for dinner last night.  It was fun to get together with Tam, Kevin, Kathy and Lanny.  We visited and enjoyed great food.
  Love seeing family over the holidays.



But the most important day so far was yesterday!
  My little Sam turned four years old! 
 He couldn't wait until it was his birthday. 
He is the most fun child.  So expressive.  So determine, so ACTIVE!!! 
 I love his smile, the way he talks, his hugs. 
Today he asked me if I would stay even when his mom got home. 
 He put his little arms around my neck and had tears in his eyes and said please stay grama, please. 
 I almost did..almost. 
 I love you Sam.  Have a happy year. 
You are my sunshine!
love, grama
So goes the first week of December.

No comments: