Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dear Old Friends..


Yesterday I called my friend, Pat, and asked if she would like to run around with me for the day. 
 I needed to find a clock for my family room and a few things to spiff up my home going into the new year.  Soon after ten in the morning we were off to see what we could find. 
Of course being with Pat, we found ourselves wandering through the after Christmas sales. 
 (Pat is the all time best shopper)  
which, although I love to be with her, is one of the other reasons it is good to take her along when you shop. 
 She has shopped for bargains for so long, that it is like they call her name.
  I knew if she was with me I'd find just what I needed, and for the right price.




Did I say we left at ten in the morning?  
Well close to three in the afternoon my son, Nick called me on my cell. 
 "Where are you? "he said. 
 I told him Pat and I had made our way at that point to Tai Pan.  
We had our carts full.
  His response was " I'm worried for the other shoppers, with Thelma and Louise on the loose!"  or something to that effect. 
 Thelma and Louise we aren't..but wonderful, good old friends we are.  
We left Tai Pan with almost nothing as we realized the full carts didn't have anything in them we really needed. 
 But, as I dropped Pat off at her home late in the afternoon, 
I had a full heart. 
 How grateful I am for this dear friend. 
 We have raised children together, gone through broken hearts together, planned and carried out parties together, served together, laughed together, gardened together, become grandmothers together, we were young together..
and now we are growing older together.  
We take care of each other and understand one another. 
 There is nothing better than a dear, dear, old friend.

No comments: