Thursday, July 10, 2014

Relaxing in the Garden- Glorious Summer


Can't believe we're almost halfway through glorious summer. 
 I love warm summer nights. 

 My upper garden has been a mess of vines for the last few years.  
This year we cleaned it out and added quite a bit more space. 
 So nice to go up my steps and hideout while reading a book or just star gazing.
  Perfect spot to relax in the evening.


I've always enjoyed the concept of "rooms" in my garden.  
Another lovely place to enjoy warm evenings is my back patio.  
Sometimes I just sit and listen to those wonderful summer sounds.


Something fun going on in the gardens around my neighborhood is our weekly lemonade gathering.
  Once a week we gather and enjoy a cool glass of lemonade, visit and just enjoy each others flowers. 
 It's nice to stop once in awhile and relax with good friends.

"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on
 a summer's day,
 listening to the murmur of the water,
 or watching the clouds float across the sky,
 is by no means a waste of time."

~John Lubbock

No comments: