Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Not to be Outdone

I loved Marty's story about being caught in the dressing room with her darling, but very stange outfit on. I am even more brazen than Marty.. As most of you readers know I have been sick. I have embraced my illness with enthusiam by changing my look. (only because I gained 40 pounds and had hair start to fall out) I've gone for a kind of gypsy, hippie, free spirit kind of thing. I don't know if it is working, but at least it gives me something to think about when I get up in the morning. (Which gypsy skirt to wear and also which wig)! Yes, wig...I'm sure you all know about it, because the moms know and we tell everyone everything. But I have several wigs.. One day Jim came home and said "Paula you're blonde!" I said "Give me 2 minutes and I'll be a brunette, or a redhead". Anyway, getting along with this story. On Tuesday I was dressed in an especially strange way, because I knew I wasn't going anywhere. I had on a pink t-shirt (no bra) a gray skirt and bright pink knee length stockings with pretty silver ballet slippers with bows on them. I also did not put on my wig because I wasn't going anywhere..my hair has gotten longer and for some reason has a lot of weird curl in it, so it actually looked kind of Afroish. I had to mail some letters, so I put on my coat and drove to the post office and mailed the letters. The store Ross is just around the corner so I thought I'd go in really quick to see if I could find another $5.00 peasant skirt. I wrapped my coat around me and went in, got a cart, and started strolling up and down the aisles...at the end of the second aisle was a full length mirror that I just happened to glance into... I wondered who that wierd looking woman was standing by me...then I JUMPED!!!! IT WAS ME!!! I left the cart where it was and ran out of the store as fast as I could. The next day it snowed, so I stayed home all day. I didn't see anything in the news about a deranged crazy woman at Ross, so I guess I'm safe and will never go to the post office again with out being fully clothed and wigged....

No comments: