Thursday, March 1, 2007

Looking Back

This last year I have spent lots of time thinking about all the people in my life that I love.. I have several journals full of thoughts about these people and I will use these journal entries from time to time in my blog. I found a letter or comment by mom about our dad, that I thought you all would like. It is just another reminder of how blessed we all are to have had them in our lives. This is what mom wrote: " To write about the most important time in a man's life is a difficult assignment, expecially if the man has the gift of making every event of every day the most important-was it the time the bear chased him and his friends from East Millcreek Canyon? -the day he married his wife for time and all eternity...or was it, after many long years of struggle that he graduated, with honors from the school of his choice? Or perhaps it was the day - or days that he became a father to wonderful children? The legislative experiences he has had cannot be discounted. He debated on the floor of the senate and the bill was passed! But wait- the all Church basketball season is about to start. We can hardly wait. The coach has such big plans for his boys. How proud he is when they make all church- this must be it, the biggest moment of his life- but no- we have forgotten - lets hear the story." That is the end of what mom wrote, so I don't know how she meant it to end. But I thought that maybe we are part of the end of the story or part of the continuation of the story. Mom and Dad would have loved to read all your blogs.

1 comment:

mama jo said...

hey, you're comments seem to be working, they are just invisible....but, i loved your thought about mom and dad...we need to writed these down so our kids will know them both..