Monday, September 1, 2008

Grama Lundgren


Grama Lundgren was a special person in my life. I remember from a very young age going to her home on 20th east and enjoying the wonders there. The old stove in the kitchen, grampa pouring his coffee? or cocoa into the saucer to cool it before he drank it. Their old black phone on the desk in the hall. The fun Christmas Eve parties with the nativity and who got to be Santa Lucia that year? I loved the summers where we would get together on Sundays and the kids would run up and down the big front yard and I remember the beautiful roses. I remember grampa's cow, and I remember him pushing me in a wheelbarrow while all the aunt's and the big kids were picking fruit in the orchard, so the mom's could go home and bottle that fruit. Grama was an example of charity...the pure love of Christ, which she lived for 93 years until she was welcomed home into the Savior's loving arms.

No comments: