Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Abby


Thirty three years ago I gave birth to
my first daughter. After having two
sons, I was so excited to have a little girl.
I'd always wanted an Abigail, after Abigail Adams.
She was a woman I admired because she stood up
for women's rights while being the ultimate wife
and mother. She kept the farm going while
John was gone getting the country started. I don't
think she was a woman to be trifled with. Abby has
lived up to her namesake. How I love this beautiful
daughter and am grateful she is one of my very
best friends. Hope you've had a Happy Day.

Love, Mom

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

This is a stunning picture of Abby! She's beautiful inside and out. Happy Birthday!

Abby said...

Thanks mom, that is a very sweet post. And I actually like the picture. I'll have to steal it for my blog pic....

whit said...

gorgeous!! happy birthday abby!! love you