Saturday, August 14, 2010

Heaven on Earth

As I have in the past I sometimes like to put in a bit of my journal from when I was sick. I found this entry today. I am so filled with gratitude for this special place I call my home that I would like to share this particular entry.

" Being sick in bed for two years is a long time. I haven't gone much farther than my bedroom, but I feel sometimes as if I've travelled through the world. I have learned how kind people are and at the same time, as I sit and watch the news on TV, I see how mean people can be to others. How is it that a group of people can co-exist in this beautiful place at the foot of our majestic mountains, loving, living by, and caring for each other? And in other places the people hate their very neighbors? Why is it so hard to see the good in people and just accept them? I must be very naive, because I just don't get it. In this neighborhood we have had so many sad and heartbreaking times, but the bitter is made sweet because so many people care, love and don't judge. When something goes really wrong, it affects us all, because we love one another and we all have hearts that break into little pieces over and over. Hearts must be pretty resilient, because it is the only organ in the body that I know of that can break or shatter and yet be fixed by another's love, without even seeing a doctor."

The people are the ones who make this place just a little bit of Heaven on Earth.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: