Friday, August 13, 2010

Polly's Flower Garden

Look what I found growing in my garden! Flowers seem to be coming up in the most unusual places this year. I've got so many I don't know what to do with them all. They come in all different shapes, colors and sizes. The ones I've picked for myself I've been using in such fun ways.

I've been pinning them to my pearl necklaces, and any old bracelet that I want to add a little pizzaz to.

There are some that have gotten so big, that I can't possible wear them, so I've been pinning them on pillows. They really make a tired old pillow stand out. And for some reason these flowers don't seem to dry out or die when I pick them from my garden!?!

I'm sure I'll find other ways to use them, like maybe pinning them to a lapel or possibly clipping them in my hair? Do middle aged women clip flowers in their hair? I don't know, I tend to go overboard when I find something I like to do.

Remember when everything in my house was stenciled?

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

al + sar said...

These are soo cute! Do you make them? Also I love your post below, something I needed to hear!

Travelin'Oma said...

You are just blooming!