Monday, September 20, 2010

Hugs and Grandkids

On a day when I wasn't feeling my best, I was greeted by Jake with a big hug. I hadn't seen him for almost two weeks since we both had taken vacations. Sam almost jumped into my arms! After our little reunion, we dove right into our routine. Playtime and where is this toy and that superhero? Jake was missing his first mate's helmet and the first mate (he had the finns). It's just one of his many toys, but very important to him, so the first emergency (that's what he called it) of the day started. From his perspective it is an emergency and so must be treated as an EMERGENCY! So the first mission of the day for spy grama, spy Jake, and spy baby Sam. We emptied all the baskets and buckets of his toys one by one, looked through them and then put them back until - guess what, we found first mate and helmet! The best part of the whole deal is when Jake looked up and said, "grama, you are my best friend."
How grateful I am for sweet little children who love to hug their grama and be my friend.

1 comment:

Travelin'Oma said...

I wasn't sure you were back. I'm glad you had a happy reunion!