Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A DAY WITH MY BOYS

We haven't all been together for awhile. 
 Friday I just had Dylan, and Monday just Jake and Sam. 
 So today it's all three, together again. 
 This morning for just a minute the sun went behind a cloud.  
Jake was concerned, because it was getting dark.  But a moment later out came the sun again. 
 Of course he was happy because it was all sunny again. 
 He can't wait for it to get warm so we can go out and play.  
These little boys are like the sunshine to me. 
 If a cloud makes it a little dark in my world, I just have to come over here where the sun shines continually. 
 They are busy, need attention...make messes - all the things that come with little ones.  
Their wants are so simple.  Most everything solved with loves, kisses, stories and songs.  
Jake most definately is in charge around here. Because, besides me, he is the only one who can talk.  He is into rhyming lately.  Sam is "Sambam",  I am "Grama pollyfolly,
 and Dylan is little "dylsiewylsie". 
 Sam is trying to do everything Jake does which Jake doesn't like. 
 Mostly he likes to be loved with his blanket wrapped around him. 
 And "dylsiewylsie, just smiles and smiles and takes it all in.  
Ever since Jake was little when the Blue Danube came on Baby Einstein, I would pick him up and we would waltz around the room. 
 Now when he hears it he starts waltzing around and I pick Sam up. 
Jake bows at the end of the music.  
The other morning Jake was eating, Sam was laying down watching the show.  
The music came on - "oh no" Jake said, "we can't dance." 
 Just at that moment Sam's head poked up ready to go. 
He's learned when that particular music is on ~ we waltz!  
And so the days go.  
The grama with her little boys.  
A bit of crying here and there.  
But mostly playing, laughing, having fun. 
 and me? 
watching them grow and loving them more each day. 
What better way to spend my time?  

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

They are lucky boys!

Billie Sue said...

Those little boys are definitely lucky! Of course, I love the waltzing part! How lucky those little boys are to have a Grama give them that special experience and feeling. They will remember it later in their lives and you will have played that important role. You are such a "grand" grama! I took my little little 'Buti"ful girls to the hospital yesterday while their Mom brought the 4th little Butiful girl in to this world. They were all so excited and it was a nice day for me to spend with them!