Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"The fragrance always stays in the hand that give the Rose"

What a wonderful world. 
 That is a strange sentence to write down after reading the newspaper and listening to the news.  There are so many things going on that can bring a person down.
 I have had a particularly rough month.
 But even with all the heartache, physical illness and all kinds of other strange goings on..there is still so much of heaven everywhere.
 The contrast for me is so strong.
 When I get down or falter or go back a step or two,
 what keeps me going is the army that Heavenly Father chose to bless me with.
   I believe that Heavenly Father works through us.
 I am constantly amazed by the courage of people like Tyler Hallsey and his family and Burgen Jensen and her family.
 They give me strength.

 I live in an area that could only be called Heaven in the middle of a world in crisis.
  Here we have a bit of peace. 
A little bit of land with houses dotting the hill..and those homes are filled with people who all have problems,
 but who take care of each other
Such a pure love dwells here. 
The closeness that we feel is priceless.
 The love that ties us together is a rare thread, it doesn't break.
 All of the people give of themselves over and over again.  They never stop, they just keep on giving.  I have been the recipient of their generosity and love over and over.
 
"..have miracles ceased?  Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men."
 
Moroni 71: 29
 
Miracles have not ceased and angels do exist. 
They are all living in my neighborhood. 
 
"..charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever.."
 
Moroni 71:47
 
And these angels who live here have the charity that this scripture is talking about. 


My dear friends and neighbors have given out so many roses over the years. 
It smells like a rose garden as you walk down the street.

I am so grateful I live among these lovely people.

No comments: