Thursday, June 4, 2009

Is this really necessary?


Sometimes when decorating my home I feel guilty, thinking do I really need this treasure? Is this necessary? I can truthfully say that almost everywhere I look in my home, I could tell you a little story behind most pictures, my dishes and linens, books..those things that decorate a house, the "things" that make a house a home. I for one think they are important! Those "things" say who lives here. They are a bit of our history.

Your possessions express your personality. Few things, including clothes, are more personal than your cherished ornaments. The pioneer women, who crossed a wild continent clutching their treasures to them, knew that a clock, a picture, a pair of candlesticks, meant home, even in the wilderness.

-Good Housekeeping, August 1952
Posted by Picasa

No comments: