Saturday, December 19, 2009

Make my life a Bethlehem

Just got back from our early morning choir practice before our big Christmas program. We are singing many beautiful songs, but one really touches me. The words are by Pamela Martin, and I'd like to share them.

Make my life a Bethlehem,
a manger of my heart,
Let me hear the angels sing and let the music start,
May I fall in simple faith and wonder to my knees,
In the manger of my heart- let Christ be born in me.
In my life there is a place that's scattered with the straw
of every disappointment, each regret and every flaw.
In this dark and dismal place my beasts of burden lie
weary from the heavy load they long to lay aside.
Come and sweep this this stable clean and swaddle it with light,
And let the Child be born in me upon a starlit night.
For though He's born a thousand times in far-off Bethlehem,
until the Savior's born in me I cannot worship Him.
Make my life a Bethlehem, a manger of my heart,
Let me hear the angels sing and let the music start,
May I fall in simple faith and wonder to my knees,
In the manger of my heart let Christ be born in me.

This song makes Christmas really personel. We may all go through the
motions each year as it says, "For though He's born a thousand times" but until
the Savior is born in me it isn't Christmas. By serving and giving of myself, by
being humble and loving as He did, by trying to be more like Him and having
that simple faith, then I will hear the angels sing.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Travelin'Oma said...

Good luck with the big program!