Monday, December 21, 2009

What is Important?

One year, with the help of a friend I made this Santa for my
mom. It was a labor of love. The fun part was that each part
of the Santa's clothing was made from something of my mom's.
An old beaver coat, served as his cape, part of some mink cuffs
became his muff. His gown was a beautiful old shirt of hers and
in his bag were little trinkets that belonged to her mother.
I wrote the poem that goes with him after thinking along time
about all the wonderful Christmas's mom gave to me and all
her children. Not just Christmas, but a lifetime of service and love.
She was a beautiful woman, an example to me, noble, a cherished daughter of God
.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mama jo said...

i thought i was on my blog when i saw that picture...i love it sitting there in my house...i think of you and mom whenever i see it...

Travelin'Oma said...

The poem and the feeling behind it makes the Santa even more of a treasure. The whole thing is lovely.