Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Visit

As I sat there visiting with Uncle Mel all I had to do was change his hair color in my mind and it could have been dad laying there in the hospital bed. Jim and I headed south for the weekend and since we were this far, we decided to keep going and go visit. He's been pretty sick, but like Dad was before Dad got really bad, Uncle Mel has that fight going, mixed with the depression of a very active man not used to being down and not doing everything he wants to. But he seems determine to get up and get back home and on with his life. It was fun to hear him talk about sports and then tell us his stories of how he got his real estate business going. He loves talking about his lake in Pinedale and all his lawyery grandchildren. What a smart group of kids! Bobbi and Gerry came by, so we had a good visit with them too! I don't know if I've ever seen two brothers so much alike as Mel and Dad. They look the same, they laugh the same, they talk the same. What a twosome they must have been growing up! I'm glad we made the trip.
Tomorrow we get to see little Samuel James blessed.
It's been a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

mama jo said...

sounds like fun...i do love to see mel...gives us a bit of dad...