Saturday, February 4, 2012

Gravity- keeping me grounded


As the years pass it is inevitable. Things begin to droop, slip out and fall out of their place. Everything in my body seems to be going in a downward spiral. It is a weird feeling, because I feel that my mind - though fuzzy at times is quite elevated and in a happy place. As a woman I try to do simple things to try and temporarily fix the state of my body. That awful underwire that I whip off as soon as I walk in the door. (I only wear it when going somewhere special, so I look like I have a waist.)
 Lately another problem has arisen reminding me that the years are very quickly marching all over my face.  When putting on my blush, I find that my cheek bones are harder to find, or they are really low. My blush used to go just under my eyes. Now it goes on somewhere to the side of my nose and my mouth. My cheek bones are falling or disappearing
Whatever, I've just turned into a different version of who I was. I've decided to welcome this new version of me with enthusiasm. She's not the young, perky girl of my youth. She is a wise woman who has raised five children, been married forty years, has a saggy body and droopy cheek bones. I am now looking for make up tips for mature women. (Only problem, I can't see when putting on makeup, so am not sure of outcome.)

Coco Chanel says:  "Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fify/sixty/seventy." 

I guess I have earned my face, droopiness and all.

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Billie Sue said...

Those cheek bones are still beautiful...no matter where they are. When my Mom used to complain about such things, Earl would always tell me that if I looked as good at 50, 60 or 70 as my Mom did, I would still be in good shape. So, take my word for it -- you are still beautiful!

Travelin'Oma said...

Your cheeks are still darling. They still look just like they look in your 3-yr-old photo! (Did mom cut your bangs?)