Sunday, February 12, 2012

A lovely Day

As this day comes to a close, I just have to write how thankful I am.  It has been a lovely day.  Starting with beautifully falling snow.  I taught the little ones in sharing time.  As I look into their eyes and teach them to Choose the Right,  I actually feel that they are listening and want to do what is right.  We talked about what a difficult world this is for these kids, even as young as they are.  But they are positive and happy and wanting to make right choices.  One boy said that he "stood up for his friend."  I was touched when he said this.  It is hard for small children to go against the crowd and "stand up for a friend." We talk about these kinds of things each week, so the kids can remember when they make a right choice.  All things must be practiced to become something that comes naturally.  
After church I went back to choir, after missing for about a month.  What beautiful songs we are singing.  As I sat next to my friend, Betty, following her perfect alto voice, I remembered sitting next to my Grandmother in church when I was very small.  She would point to the notes as she sang the alto part to the hymns, and I would sing along.  I think I first loved singing as I listened to my Grama's alto voice in church.  Visiting with friends this afternoon to plan an upcoming trip and relaxing with Jim while we watched the world turn white ended this peaceful day. 

1 comment:

Billie Sue said...

What a beautifully written visual description of your day. I can actually see it and feel what you are feeling. Great expression - thanks for sharing.