Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day to Becky, Melanie, Abby and Whit!


Wishing a happy Mothers Day to these beautiful moms. 
 They are amazing women.  They are raising amazing children. 
They are so busy, yet always realize what is most important and that is those kids. 
 I am so grateful for them and am happy to be apart of their lives. 

"The mother memories that are closest to my heart are the small gentle ones that I have carried over from the days of my childhood. 
They are not profound, but they have stayed with me through life,
 and when I am very old,
 they will still be near..Memories of mother drying my tears,
 reading aloud, cutting cookies and singing as she did,
 listening to prayers I said as I knelt with my forehead pressed against her knee,
tucking me in bed and turning down the light. 
They have carried me through the years and given my life such a
firm foundation that it does not
rock beneath flood or tempest."
 
~Margaret Sanger
 
This is exactly what these girls are doing as they take care of my grandchildren.  The same things that my mother did for me.  The small things that form a firm foundation as little children grow into adults. 
Happy Mothers Day to
Becky, Melanie, Abby, and Whitney
 

1 comment:

whit said...

Thanks Mom! Mother's day was the best! love you lots