Tuesday, May 7, 2013

"It is your Reaction to Adversity..."

These last couple of months we have had our share of adversity. 
When it rains it pours. 
After Jim lost his job we have had many rainy days. 
 But as cheesy as it sounds...the sun always comes out after the rain. 
 For as many down days as we have had..there have been days full of blessings. 
 In February Jim got called to the Bishopbric, which has been a great blessing in our lives. 
 We also had time in February to visit the PA gang which we usually don't do in the winter months.  Each time I go through a difficult time it makes me aware of those around me who have it worse and my compassion for them deepens. 
 Going through adversity continues to strengthen my faith. 


I love this quote. 
 I remember telling my son when he was going through difficult times that when things get really tough, give yourself a day or so to be sad, but then pick yourself up.. start thinking of what you have to be grateful for and get on with life. 
 Have faith that things will work out. 
 Things do work out one way or another. 
 
This last week another bump in the road. 
 My back has gotten to the point where the nerves have made it so I am limping. 
 My left leg is getting more numb and dragging quite a bit. 
 The doctor is worried that some of the damage to my nerves is beyond repair. 
 So I have been a bit down this past week,
 wondering again why..
why is it pouring rain yet again?

And then I go outside


I look at the signs of spring.


I see my lilac blooming
 (the very lilac that Maude gave me for my birthday so many  years ago) 
It thrives and blooms each year reminding me of that sweet lady who taught me to love trees and flowers and nature. 
 I hear the sound of my fountain, so soothing as I fix our evening meal.


I see these beautiful plants waiting to be put in the ground. 
 They will make my garden lovely.


I look out from my front porch and see this view and am uplifted. 
 
So with any adversity that goes on in my life,
 I don't even have to leave my home to find many wonderful things
 to make me grateful that I am alive. 
Things that strengthen my faith, and help me know that all will be well.

1 comment:

mama jo said...

life can be so tough..and you've had your share...so just keep hanging on!! love you