Monday, May 25, 2009

How do I make people feel?

We went to the cemetery yesterday. As I remembered my loved ones, I thought of the love I always felt around both Jim's parents and my mom and dad...
Whenever, we stopped to visit Maude and Leo, we were met with Maude's twinkling brown eyes, happy smile and a warm welcome. Always plenty of coca-cola in her basement and lots of stories!

Always laughter, jokes and fun at mom and dads..Hugs everywhere..A card game going and a few songs.

People will forget what you said,
People will forget what you did,
But people will never forget how you make them feel.

How grateful I am that I had parents and grandparents who made me feel welcome, who loved me, who taught me gospel principals. Who were good people. They made me feel good about myself. They made me feel safe..they made me feel special and they made me feel loved.

I want to follow that example.. so when people leave me, have they left with a kind word and a hug? Do they think to themselves, I feel happy?

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Travelin'Oma said...

You always make me feel happy! I'd actually be pretty scared to ask this question. When people leave me do they feel happy they got to leave?