Saturday, May 21, 2011

BASEBALL AND SUNSHINE - NOTHING BETTER!

 A beautiful day for a ballgame.  
The minute I sat down in my chair and watched these boys come 
out on the field it felt like coming home. 
 It started when I was little at Evergreen Park in East Millcreek, 
watching my dad coach my brother. 
 Later on it was the Draper ball field, 
watching Jim coach Jamey and Ty. 
 And here we are watching ball - 
Harleysville, with our son James, coaching his boys. 
 It is one cycle that I hope goes on forever.  
The above picture is Jack on the pitcher's mound.
 He's our lefty and gives it all he's got.
 Taylor helping his dad with stats and coaching first base.  
We'll be watching him on Monday. Can't wait.
 The Coach.  
He seems a little more relaxed than previous generations.
 The spectators- 
Buy me some peanuts and crackerjack,
I don't care if I ever get back-
cause its root, root root, for the home team
if they don't win it's a shame,
cause it's one, two, three strikes you're  out
in the old ball game.
 After the game!  
First year with kids pitching. 
 Luke's doing great.
 Hogan played earlier. 
 Pitched great, got a hit, stole bases -
 a natural.
One of the quotes on Jack's wall. 
 These boys live by these words. 
 They never give up, have fun and support each other.  
What a great day!  And guess what?  No rain and the sun was shining! 
 What could be better than watching boys play baseball while basking in the sun?  
Lovely.

2 comments:

Billie Sue said...

Sounds like a Gramma's dream come true. Talented boys and some sunshine...what could be better!

mama jo said...

looks like fun....the house is beautifullll....