Saturday, June 18, 2011

CHOOSE TO BLOOM

 After a long, cold winter the sun finally came out. 
 The sun's warm light hit those somewhat droopy flowers
I had planted hopefully in my garden and things started happening. 
First small signs of green and a bit of color. 
Next, more green.
 I nipped some of the buds off the top
(even though this just kills me, but it encourages growth).
The green leaves spread out as if they were stretching to see the sun. 
New buds appear looking for warmth the sun provides. 
A little distrustful....the sun has tricked them this year and hasn't stayed around
too long in the past,
 so these new little flowers are a bit nervous.
 I go into my garden each day to check the progress. 
These plants are stalwart. 
They want to bloom,
 they want to do what they are suppose to do.
Bring beauty and joy to all those who gaze at them. 

"And the day came when the risk [it took] to remain tight in the
bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."              

 ~Anais Nin

This morning as I wandered through my garden,
 this particular rose took the chance. 
 It knew it was time to bloom and let everyone who passed see its full beauty. 
Being the gardner, I stop, I appreciate, and am pleased.
The Rose is perfect. 

No comments: