Thursday, March 1, 2012

To My Abby Rose

My daughter Abby's birthday is March 2. What an exciting day it was. The first snow of that year! And, the first girl in our growing family. She was born with a strong will (which she would need having two brothers ahead of her), and a smart head on her shoulders. Not one to take no for an answer. I was asked the other day by someone what my daughter did for a living. I answered that she was "a boss." She certainly is "The Boss." She is smart, talented, kind, loving, extraordinary. The collage above are pictures that I felt described her best. She's a hard worker, loves to travel, loves her friends, loves to relax and be "one with the sun." She is a creative and exceptional quilter and above all, a most wonderful wife and mother. How grateful I am to have such a lovely daughter who is also a dear friend.  Have a happy birthday.  I love you.  mom
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Billie Sue said...

Aren't daughters wonderful! Abbey wouldn't take after her own mother if she weren't bright and capable and talented. We are pretty lucky--and blessed--to have these wonderful daughters!