Friday, June 29, 2012

Gardening in the Early Hours



The other morning I woke up about 5:00 am.  Couldn't go back to sleep, so about 5:30 I headed out to the garden.  Can't tell you how lovely it was.  Nice and cool..quiet and peaceful.  I tackled my perennial garden first, as weeds had sprung up everywhere. It's amazing what you can accomplish when it's not 100 degrees.


I potted the last of my herbs.  I am a slow planter, taking most of June to get everything just so.  The rest of the summer is spent admiring, caring for and loving each plant.

My Secret Garden which is really "Upper Garden"  has been totally neglected this year.  So I plowed into this project which kept me outside far longer than I had planned.  But, oh what a mess!  I finally got it cleared out, swept up and at least a place where I can read a book hidden from the world.


Peeking through the vines into Upper Garden.  In another couple of weeks, no one will be able to see me when I decide to hide out for a couple of hours, although visitors are welcome...occasionally.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Billie Sue said...

Billie Jo and I both love to garden. She has mentioned to me we need to come and see your beautiful gardens. How is little Wren doing...and Mom?