Friday, June 15, 2012

Vacationing In my Garden


Yesterday, June 14th was Flag Day, my son and his wife's anniversary- and my mother's birthday!  Quite a holiday.  Mom was a master interior designer, gardener, wife and mother.  I guess in her day it was called being a "housewife"  or "homemaker". She truly excelled in the art of homemaking.  My mother taught me that you could make any size room or home charming.  She taught me how to change the look of a room, just be moving a couch or a chair and a few small objects around. 
I have become an expert in this particular field, moving whole rooms (furniture) from one room to another.  Very seldom buying knickknacks for rooms.  I just look around and see what is laying around in some other room.  It looks brand new when placed on a different shelf!

The summer season is the best.  After cleaning,  removing heavy objects like throws, pillows,  clearing off counters and bookshelves, I move outside.  Gardening is a pleasure.  Once everything is cleaned out, planted, watered, lighted, it's time to relax.  I don't need to go anywhere.  I feel like I'm on a vacation in my garden.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: