Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Memories


After this last week, I've been remembering Christmas's past.  About the second week of December my mother started decking the halls of our home.  Everything was beautiful, warm and welcoming.  My dad's day off was Thursday, and usually on the second Thursday of December I came down with some illness or another, knowing he would be home and usually spend part of the day shopping for my mother.   If I suddenly felt well enough he would take me with him.  I loved going shopping with him for mom. 
 He spoiled her so.


Classy outfits and coats were always on his list.  He loved to see her in red or orange.  I loved a particular store where there were models who were the size of the person being bought for.  They came out wearing this outfit or that, until the perfect one was decided upon.


Many years there was lovely jewelry or a luggage set. 
And always Estee Lauder. 
 Makeup and Fragrance gift baskets were also under the tree. 
When we girls were older we usually got a perfume or something special picked out especially for us by dad. 


With all these seemingly material gifts given, the thing I remember most is the love felt in our home.  My Mom and Dad loved each other and showed us, their children. They cared for us, loved us, made us feel secure and happy.  I am so blessed to have grown up in these circumstances and only hope to pass that great love on to my children and grandchildren.

No comments: