Tuesday, December 11, 2012

He Taught Me...


With all that has been going on, I didn't get a chance to post on Nick's birthday. December 9th was the day.  So a happy belated birthday to Nick.  Nick is in Colorado teaching at the Air Force Academy.  He loves his job there. I would love to watch him in action one day because (of course) I am sure he is a fabulous teacher.  I, in fact, know he is, because he has taught me throughout  his entire life.  He has taught me how to have a sense of humor in the face of trial, how to be brave.  He has taught me about compassion and how to perservere.  He is the favorite uncle, though not living by his nephews, they all know his name, when they are very young, because he makes such an impact on them when they are together. (I'm sure it will be the same for Wren!) He loves to sit and tell the little ones stories that he makes up on the spot.  They sit on his lap mesmerized as he carries them away on adventures in faraway lands or galaxies. 
How grateful I am for such a good son.
 Hope you had a great day and a year with only good things in your life
love, mom

No comments: