Friday, November 5, 2010

Miracles

What a lovely week! It started with the birth of our newest grandson. Another healthy child entering our family. What a blessing. I have been home this week. The two other little ones have been off on vacation. I miss their cuddles and smiles, but will see them soon, as they are arriving home today. I feel the need to stop for a moment and recognize the miracles that happen daily in my life. Not just the wonderful miracle of birth, though that is something so great I don't know how it can be topped! But maybe?! The miracle of living. Just day to day. As I have been home this week, spending time with my dear neighbors and friends, I see miracles almost on an hourly basis. We have quite a few people having struggles here in this wonderful neighborhood that is my home. Many have serious illness. The service and love that goes on here is incredible and so heart-warming, because each act of service is given out of love and concern. Sometimes people are healed by those prayers and sometimes not, because that is not in the plan. The miracle is the love, service and the pulling together. The feeling of oneness. As I drive through the neighborhood and gaze at the beautiful fall colors that cover our majestic mountains as they protect our little valley, my senses are saturated. The miracle of my life, my surroundings, my family, my neighbors. How very grateful I am.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: