Sunday, March 6, 2011

COLORADO SPRINGS



I was able to spend the last few days in Colorado Springs with Nick.  It was so nice to see where he works, meet his friends and just spend time with him.  The Air Force Academy is very impressive.  It was fun to meet some of the people Nick teaches with.


I was able to meet one of Nick's best friends,  Dr S. Nicole and her friend Joe. I've heard so much about her, so it was nice to get to know her.  We had a great visit at her home, it was lovely.

Nick has found some interesting pieces to add to the few things he took with him.  His apartment looks and feels like Nick.  Books everywhere.  It is comfortable and peaceful.  I felt like I was on a relaxing retreat this weekend.
                                                   We hung a few pictures, to make things a bit more homey, although Nick's apartment is already warm and welcoming.  We watched movies that I would never take the time to watch at home.  I read and learned all about Tolstoy and Keats.  (something I would never do at home) .  I might even try and read something by Tolstoy.  Oh, probably never War and Peace, but maybe some of his later writings, now that I've learned something more about him and his life.  And maybe read a little poetry by Keats?  Nick always makes me want to learn more.  He's a good teacher.  Anyway, It was a great weekend,  nice to see him so happy and content with his life.  I feel relaxed.  Couldn't ask for more from a vacation.  

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

It sounds like a fun trip!

Billie Sue said...

What a great relationship. Helping your son make his house a home and just spending time...what a great way to spend a few days. The picture of the Academy looks exactly the way I remember it. Even the grey sky is exactly a Colorado Springs winter sky! What a flood of memories.