Monday, March 7, 2011

FINE THOUGHTS HENRY DAVID


I was reading through a book of thoughts my mom gave my grama.  Grama was such a cute lady.  She would write comments here and there.  I came across this one today.  She must have liked it and I do too.
She wrote under Henry David Thoreau's name, "Fine thoughts Henry David".  When I see the handwriting of someone I loved who isn't around anymore I love it.  It's like getting a little note from them.  Grama and I used to exchange letters, even though we lived in the same city.  It was just a nice way of expressing our thoughts to each other.  So today when I saw this I thought, "thanks for the thought Grama,  I love you too."

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

What a sweet note.

Billie Sue said...

I know just what you mean. Some of the things we consider "treasures" are books from my Mom and Dad to each other, specifically if they have little notes to each other. I had once borrowed a book on Parley P. Pratt from a friend. He had written notes in the margins and I loved it. Reading his personal thoughts made the reading so much more interesting. I try to do that, not only in my scriptures, but in any book I read so that my posterity might feel the same closeness to me that you feel to your Grama. What a lovely thought and reminder for each of us.