Wednesday, April 20, 2011

TAMING A LITTLE GROUND


I love getting my Victoria Magazine.  Its lovely pictures always make me think, "this is how I would like my garden to look".  Or they just bring me a sense of peace as I turn the pages and read the captions.  This one caught my eye as the cold weather has kept me in doors this spring.  I would usually be outside doing  clean up and getting ready for the planting of vegetables and my flowers. I am afraid it is going to come upon us all at the same time.  But I will love every minute of it.  Finally, being outdoors, with the warm sun coming from behind these cold clouds that don't seem to want to go away. They will and the sun with all that it brings will come. Oh, those warm summer evenings.
Nothing better.

"But each spring...a gardening instinct, sure as sap rising in the trees, stirs within us. 
We look about and decide to tame another little bit of ground."
~Lewis Gantt

No comments: