Friday, July 1, 2011

ALL I NEED

Dylan is napping and I have finished watering the garden. It is very quiet in my house. I am a little tired this week. My back is a bit soar. But I came in and read this passage and thought I'd share.

"The weary Mole also was glad to turn in without delay, and soon had his head on his pillow, in great joy and contentment. He saw clearly how plain and simple...it all meant to him, and the special value of some such anchorage in one's existence... it was good to think he had this to come back to, this place which was all his own, these things which were so glad to see him again and could always be counted upon for the same simple welcome".

~ Kenneth Grahame
The Wind in the Willows

Some days a quiet house, with comforatable yet simple surroundings, dead-heading a rose or two, watering flower pots,
 a sleeping baby.
It is all I need.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Billie Sue said...

Ohhh, sounds good. I want one of those days. Hey, I just put in some rose bushes...at what point do I deadhead? Will they bloom again?