Thursday, July 7, 2011

GRATITUDE - FOR WHAT I HAVE

I have been a little down lately, so I read.
I can always find someone who has it worse than me and
finds ways to look at the brighter side.
It has always been in my nature to find the positive and
so I am drawn to those that do the same.
I have a sore back and things aren't going so well,
so I get strength from those writing like this.

"But, as you know, my heart is usually brimful of happiness.  The thought that my dear Heavenly Father is always near, giving me abundantly of all those things which truly enrich my life and make it sweet and beautiful, makes every deprivation seem of little moment compared with the countless blessings I enjoy."

Helen Keller

How can I with all that I have, ever be less than joyful every day when I read words like this from
a person like Helen Keller.  She could not see the beauty of a flower or a gorgeous sunset.  She was not
able to see or hear children playing on a summer evening.  She had so much taken from her, yet she was grateful for those things which enriched her life.  She didn't dwell on her deprivations, but on her blessings. I admire this woman.

1 comment:

Billie Sue said...

Good thoughts and advice we all need to be reminded of. I needed that. Why is your back sore...what is the problem? Call me--there is a chance I could help!