Tuesday, August 16, 2011

FORTY YEARS!

My friend Toni and I grew up together. We did everything together always. Here we are at 16 wondering what adventures lie ahead. 


Toni met her husband right after graduating from High School. 
Forty years ago yesterday they lined me up with Jim.
I had gone on a date the previous week. We went to Kamas to see the movie Tora, Tora, Tora.
(I generally like a good war movie, but this was and still is the longest and most boring war movie - I mean movie of all time).
Besides I didn't like the guy which made it seem even longer.
Jim's and my first date went pretty well, so he asked me on a second.
He said" let's do something a little unusual, we're
going to Kamas to see Tora, Tora, Tora!" We were with Toni and Willard and I liked Jim, so the movie didn't seem quite as long. I didn't tell Jim for a long time that I had already seen that movie at the same theatre just a few nights before.
Toni and Willard got married in December and we got married the following April.
We both have five kids!

Forty years has certainly gone by fast. But it's great to have these two as our friends.
(Don't you think we look exactly the same)!??!

Jim and Willard actually do!
(They either looked like 60 year old men when we married them
or they have not aged at all.)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Billie Sue said...

Good story...sorry that you had to see the most boring--not only war movie--but movie of all time in Kamas...and not just once--but twice! I must agree on the movie! I went to see it in Provo with a guy I didn't really like that much and my younger sister was with us--for some unknown reason--and the guy smashed her finger in the car door when we left the movie! Terrible memories associated with that movie in addition to it being awful! You must come to Kamas again...maybe we can create some better memories!

al + sar said...

I love this! There is nothing better than a strong friendship...I hope my friendships last this long.

whit said...

love the pictures