Thursday, December 29, 2011

Aspirations


I consider myself a happy woman.  I have a loving husband, a beautiful home, children and grandchildren that I love dearly.  I have friends that are dear. 
As I go over my life each year at this time I make resolutions, but I usually don't follow through. 
The get in shape, loose the weight thing happens once in awhile, but I'm not as diligent as I
 should be.  I think this year I won't call the things I want to happen resolutions or goals. 
 I will call them aspirations or dreams that I will turn into reality.  I need to get out of
my "pajamas" quit waiting by the mailbox, open the door and get on my bike and go somewhere. 
 It's not that I don't do anything, I'm busy from six in the morning until I drop in bed at ten
 or eleven.  But I seem to not get in some of the things I want to accomplish. 

Simple things like getting a bit more organized.  Trying a new cleaning method. 
 I have really wanted to learn how to make a skirt. And I'd like to give a few more parties. 
 I have some personal goals, oh I mean aspirations, that I keep putting off. 
I think it is time to organize myself, so I can make these dreams a reality.

I need to be a little surprised by life, to hug a little more, to enjoy my friends and have fun
 with them more.  I need to lay out under the stars and hear the sounds of summer nights. 
 I need to laugh and sing with my little ones even more.  They are small for such a short time. 
These are my dreams for the New Year. 
 I'm excited to put things into motion!
Posted by Picasa


1 comment:

Billie Sue said...

Good motivation for me...I am still working on this year and I only have 2 more days left! Ouch! I wrote my "aspirations" list after reading your post. Thanks!