Friday, December 16, 2011

I Was Outsourced


Recently we switched our internet to a higher speed.  
In the past I have spent time with tech people on the phone who live in faraway countries.  
I have nothing against these people.  
They are usually hard working people trying to help.  
The problem I have is the companies that hire them.
  Last night Jim and I were on the phone for about an hour trying to get his laptop set up to the wireless internet.  
The lady helping us was nice,
 but we both had such a hard time understanding her,
 plus there was a delay going on, because as we found out she was in the Philippians. 
 In the past if I couldn't understand someone,
 I politely requested someone else. 
 I feel it is my right as a paying customer 
to be able to have an easy conversation when having difficulties with a TV, 
computer of whatever I am trying to fix.  
Last night we got too far into the situation. 
 I kept wondering why we were having difficulties with the phone connection when we were talking to someone working for the phone company (centurylink). -
Again, not her fault. 
 In the future when I call to get help,
 I will upfront ask for someone who resides in the US, who can speak English clearly. 
 I ask all five of my followers to do the same. 
 I am sure we will change the world.

Merry Christmas

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

I hear you!! (Too bad I can't help you.)

CenturyLink Help Team said...

Hello Polly, this is B with the CenturyLink Help Team. I wanted to reach out to you, and see if you did get help with your internet service, or if you still need assistance. If I can help further with you service, please e-mail me at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com, and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks Polly,

B
CenturyLink Help Team