Thursday, April 22, 2010

Accepting our Imperfections



"Native American cultures have a deep respect for the acceptance of our human imperfection. When weaving a rug, they will purposely include a flaw. This serves as a reminder that, while all that is humanly made is imperfect, it yet can reflect the beauty, reverence, care, and love of true creation."
Diane Berke

This is a good quote, because while striving to do what is right and trying to live up to my expectations and everyone else's, I often fall short and basically mess things up. It is good not to be hard on ourselves. To accept imperfections. To move forward and just do the best we can on any given day. I liked the part where all that is made is imperfect, but to reflect on the beauty and have reverence and love of the true creation. There is good in everything and everyone even with all our flaws. I certainly hope so, for I have many!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: