Friday, April 9, 2010

My Confession

I have a confession to make. It started when I was quite small. About this time of year, April I think, I started getting restless. I needed to get away. It always happened as soon as the sun came out and those beautiful blue skies that never end showed up here in this valley where I live.

As I got older I couldn't help myself. In high school I cut classes regularly in April. Couldn't help myself. Too lovely outside to be in studying. There was always a picnic at a park with some guy who was willing to miss out on his Biology test. (I was quite good friends with my counselor, Mrs. Anderson, we had an understanding. I think she liked the sun too)! If there was sun shining I was outside.


As I got even older (married and children) my daydreaming expanded. As April arrived, I would look west and see airplanes as they flew off to unknown destinations. I loved to dream of where they were going and how lovely it would be to be on one of those planes going on some exotic vacation. (Really didn't have to be exotic, just warm, I'm easy to please). Since April is our month of celebration, birthdays and anniversary, we often celebrate by going on a trip. Oh, how I love to be packing my bag and fulfilling the dream of being the one on that plane flying away. Blue skies, warm temperatures. There's nothing to run away from and no classes to cut, but I still like the feeling.

Lovely.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: