Friday, April 16, 2010

Grama Adelila- Small and Simple Things

I found a quote in Marjorie Pay Hinckley's book
"Small and Simple Things" that described Grama
to perfection.
"God bless us to do those small and simple
things that need to be done by our hands and to do them
all with a cheerful heart."

Grama was a special lady who loved to do things with
her hands. She loved to bake, quilt, garden and play
the piano. She taught me how to make and decorate
Christmas sugar cookies, carmels and homemade
chicken noodle soup. I think my love of gardening
came from her. The way she baked and quilted made
her an artist and she took great pleasure in doing these
simple tasks. Happy Birthday to my Grama.
"The reward of a thing well done, is to have done it."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Posted by Picasa

No comments: