Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Real Beauty


Age is an attitude.  I'm feeling better about myself as I get older.  I know myself better, I feel more comfortable in my own skin.  I don't look like the old me, because I look like the older version of me.  It's what's inside that counts, and as we get older there's a lot more inside and it comes through in the eyes.  I love to look at the older women in my neighborhood.  They are beautiful to me.  They have accomplished so much.  They have loved, they have served, they have cried, laughed, suffered and been joyful.  Their beauty is carved into every wrinkle.  That is what real beauty is.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Billie Sue said...

This is exactly what I needed to hear today...it being my birthday! Actually, I am ok with who I am and how old I am -- except when a high school student asks how old you are and you tell them -- their eyes get big and they look at you like they have never seen anyone that old! Good blog!