Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Simple Things


Last Friday I was tending Jake and Sam. We were leaving to get some dinner and as we drove down the street Jake said, "Grama, look at the beautiful sunset! Isn't it beautiful? You need to take a picture." It was a gorgeous sunset. What made it even lovlier, was that my little four year old grandson noticed it and said something about it. Many times when we are outside playing we look at the trees and the grass and talk about what a wonderful world we live in. I am so grateful this little one is noticing his surroundings by himself. I think there is a difference between saying thank you and being grateful. One is manners, which is very important. The other is being aware and grateful for all that is given to us. Jake is learning that lesson at a very young age. Being with these kids makes me constantly aware of how grateful I am for flowers, sand, snow, mountains, trees and sunsets. Again the simple things...babies, kids, hugs and nature. Can't wait to see my crew tomorrow!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: